Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading to php8.x
I've upgraded all the sites I manage from PHP7.4 to 8.2 and after getting a series of PHP errors, these are the steps I took to fix the errors which I hope will be helpful to others.

1. Check your Connections file - if you have the charset set to utf8 or utf-8, change it to UTF8 (uppercase).
  2. Make sure you have the latest version Data Bridge installed, and replace the following folders/files if they were generated using an older version:
    - webassist/mysqli folder containing authentication.php, queryobj.php & rsobj.php

3. If you use WA Email, also replace the following in the webassist/email folder:
    - WA_Email.php
    - phpmailer folder
  4. If you use form validations, replace the webassist/form_validations folder containing wavt_scripts_php.php and wavt_validatedform_php.php

I would STRONGLY advise that you make a copy of the existing files & folders before doing any updates, just in case you have to roll back for any reason. All the above updates can be done before you upgrade to php8.2 - the upgrade should be the final step.

There could be other updates required depending on which WA products you're using, but hopefully this will help some of you. I've attached copies of the files & folders mentioned above which were generated using the latest version of DataBridge.

Attached Files
.zip   email.zip (Size: 121.94 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   form_validations.zip (Size: 7.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
.zip   mysqli.zip (Size: 18.99 KB / Downloads: 0)